Geiranger and the Geirangerfjord in Norway are a symphony of nature's wonders.
Surrounded by majestic mountains and cascading waterfalls, Geiranger is a small village that serves as the gateway to the magnificent Geirangerfjord. This UNESCO World Heritage Site showcases nature at its most dramatic. Here are ten must-do and must-see experiences when you are there:
1. Fjordcruise Take a boat tour of the magnificent Geirangerfjord, surrounded by steep mountains and cascading waterfalls.
Opening Hours: Boat tours operate from May to September in the summer.
Visit the Geiranger Skywalk to experience breathtaking views of the fjord and the surrounding landscape.
Opening Hours: The Geiranger Skywalk is typically open from late spring to early autumn, from May to October.
3.Norwegian Fjord Centre Stop by the Norwegian Fjord Centre to learn about the history, culture, and geology of the region.
Opening Hours: The Norwegian Fjord Centre is generally open from May to September.
4. Seven Sisters Waterfall Hike to the top of the Seven Sisters Waterfall for a stunning panoramic view of the fjord and the surrounding mountains. The trail is accessible during the summer months, from May to September.
5. Trollstigen Road
Drive along the Trollstigen road, which features hairpin turns and dramatic scenery.
The Trollstigen Road is usually open from May to October, weather permitting. It is closed during the winter due to snowfall and hazardous conditions. Check the website for the latest updates on opening hours and road conditions.
6. Village of Geiranger Visit the charming village of Geiranger to learn about the local culture and enjoy traditional Norwegian cuisine.
7. Eagle Road Take a scenic drive along Eagle Road, which offers stunning views of the fjord and the surrounding mountains.
8. UNESCO World Heritage Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Geirangerfjord, home to a rich variety of flora and fauna.
9. Kayaking or Paddleboarding Go kayaking or paddleboarding on the fjord to experience the stunning scenery from a different perspective.
Geiranger Kayak Center: They offer kayak rentals and guided tours in Geiranger. You can find more information on their website: www.geirangerfjorden.com/kayak-rental
Geirangerfjord Kayak Center: This centre provides kayak rentals and guided tours to explore the fjord. Visit their website for details: www.geirangerfjord-kajakk.no/en/rental
Fjordsafari Kayak Rental: They offer kayak rentals and guided tours to explore the Geirangerfjord. For more information, you can visit their website: www.fjordsafari.com/kayak-rental
10. Helicopter tour Take a helicopter tour of the area to see the fjord and its surroundings from a bird's-eye view.
Geiranger Helicopter: This company specializes in helicopter tours and scenic flights over the Geirangerfjord. You can find more information and book tours on their website: www.geirangerhelicopter.no
Nordic Adventure: They offer helicopter sightseeing tours with stunning aerial views of Geiranger and the surrounding area. Visit their website for more information: www.nordicadventure.no
Please note that the opening hours and availability of activities may change, so it's advisable to check the respective websites or contact the operators directly for the most up-to-date information before planning your visit.